Pursuant to Kansas Administrative Regulation K.A.R. 5-20-2, DWR is conducting a formal review of the March 28, 1980 order establishing the IGUCA. The purpose of the review is to determine whether the public interest requires that the IGUCA designation be continued, and if so, whether there should there be any adjustment in the IGUCA’s provisions.
DWR, in cooperation with GMD No. 2, has developed a draft final report of the McPherson IGUCA Review which will be offered for the record at the upcoming public hearing.
- February 13, 1979 by Board of Directors, Equus Beds GMD No. 2
Reasons for Recommendation
- Groundwater levels were in decline and had declined excessively
- Rate of withdrawal of groundwater in that area appeared to exceed rate of recharge
Public Hearing: September 18, 1979
Order issued: March 28, 1980 - Adobe PDF Available
- Groundwater levels in the area in question had declined
- The rate of withdrawal of groundwater exceeded the rate of recharge in the area
- Area should be closed to new appropriations
- Closed the area to further groundwater appropriation
- Required installation of water flowmeters
- Directed the Board of Directors of GMD No. 2 to annually review all water related information in the IGUCA and allowed it to request a hearing if amendments to the IGUCA were necessary
- Chief Engineer can amend the IGUCA if deemed in the public interest
- DRAFT McPherson IGUCA Review Report
- McPherson IGUCA Fact Sheet
- McPherson IGUCA Order
- Letter from Equus Beds Groundwater Management District #2 on Participation in the Review
- Letter from DWR announcing the review
The IGUCA statutes are part of the Groundwater Management District Act.