Important points to remember when viewing inspection reports:
- Inspections are unannounced;
- Inspections reflect a snapshot in time;
- Inspections focus on the food safety processes, procedures and sanitation that are essential to control or eliminate food safety risks;
- Violations must be corrected at the time of inspection;
- Food safety education and intervention are used to increase food safety controls;
- Food safety is a cooperative effort involving food businesses, food safety regulators and consumers.
Looking at a series of inspection reports over time gives a more accurate picture of a food business' commitment to food safety and sanitation. Food safety is ongoing and is achieved by the cooperative effort of food workers, food safety regulators, consumers, and the management of food businesses.